Thursday, February 08, 2007

The last few months...

So I'm back in the beautiful area of Rochester Hills! After an amaizing trip through California, Colorado, Tennessee and North Carolina, I have returned home to continue on with my work and education.
Around a month and a half ago, my great friend Alex and I drove out from the midwest and ended up in San Fransisco to catch a STS9 show at the warfield for halloween. I got to explore the city for the first time in my life, and visit my cousin who I hadn't seen in over 5 years. Alex and I were sleeping in the Golden Gate Park, getting fed up by bee's and cities designed for disaster, so we ended up driving down to L.A. to meet up with Alex's friend Tobin Seymour. Tobin is a very talented film maker if you happened to check out the link! The only night we were there, we helped tobin do a light test for a style in which he was going to shoot his next music video in. (Just recently Tobin updated the actual video: The Willowz, Jubilee.) Traveling then on to San Diego we ran into another one of Alex's friends named Alexis. Alexis was quite the amaizing individual and she gave us housing for around 5 days or so. We had many adventures there including Full Moon drum circles all night long, and a celebrations for the Zapatistas on a local organic farm.
Leaving California Alex and I drove to Manitou Springs Colorado to meet up with a dear friend of mine, Heather. This was the place where my art inspiration came back to life, and Alex and I exploded with creativity. I personally give thanks to the beautiful landscape of Colorado and Heather for this long awaited creative flow...
*
Compilation with Alex. (manitou springs) Color pencil
*
After running very low on money, Alex and I decided to cruise up to Summit County and find work for a ski resort to keep us alive and snowboarding for a while. We ended up in Keystone Colorado working for the resorts Mountain Guest Services. We worked hard, partied hard, and rode hard for two months then bailed due to our poor health and frustration towards the resort town. Alex and I jumped in the car and headed back east to Asheville, North Carolina, (stopping briefly to visit great friends Allison, Huck, and their new beautiful baby Liem, in Knoxville Tennesee). We roamed every street in Ashville looking for a place to live for about 5 days and got fed up with nothing coming our way. We met some great people and fell in love with the place but it was far too cold to be homeless, so we continued on.
Now here I am, back home and as broke as I could possibly be. Alex went back to Wisconsin for the time being, placing our travels on hold. (This is about as short as I can cut the story.) I am now helping the wondrous Diane Heath teach an after school college course, working for my dad, and tutoring kids in the arts. All to get myself prepared to go back to school to study Art Education. Now that I am home, I will also continue to work on the Bittersweet Dream website, and try to get some progressive things going in this area. Rochester Hills is falling apart...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home