Sunday, July 06, 2008

Chapter 4... Boulder CO


I arrived in Boulder Colorado around 4pm. Brandon wasn't getting off of work until around six so I decided to check out this place called "The Spot". It was supposedly one of the best bouldering gyms in the country. It was a long walk in about 95 degree heat. The walk didn't phase me however, because it was my first time in boulder, and looking around was all I was interested in.
The gym was nice, it wasn't all that it was made out to be, but it was an over all great bouldering gym. I climbed hard until I got word from brandon. I packed up, met up with brandon, and walked back to his house.
Over the course of the next week we all just caught up, and laid low. Brandon has been a close friend for around 12 years now. Hanging out with him has just been great. He is living in a house with his wife jessie, and sister in law Cici. It was truly a blast from the past and the 3 of them welcomed me into their home...
There wasn't much activity for the first few days. Brandon worked and in the evenings we would just have a couple of beers and talk about the past, or the future Apocalypse. Average conversation. One of the days in there we went climbing with a friend of his named Mats. Mats brought a few people along for a good sized hike to endless amounts of boulders... There I climbed a couple of routes that were by far the tallest boulders i've ever sent....

Brandon

Sam

Mats

One night, Brandon and I went out and got some gear to set up a slack line. So far it has proven to be quite the investment. Every day we have spent hours playing on the 1" wide line... It is close to a 60 ft. slack line. Crazy fun...




For the 4th of July, we played a great game of Ultimate Basket. There were 15 people playing. Ultimate Basket is a game Brandon came up with where there are 2 teams competing by trying to get the frisbee into the disc golf basket. It is basically ultimate frisbee, with one goal (the basket)... It was a riot! We played 4 games, with a great watermelon break during half time. I would like to say that I hadn't had that much exercise in many many years.





I have a few more days to spend here in Boulder. From here I am heading up to Vedauwoo Wyoming. There I will spend close to 2 weeks climbing. Brandon and Jessie will be there for the first 4 days, then they will head back to boulder leaving me up there. Laura is also planning on coming out to spend some time with us and do some climbing. Vedauwoo has endless fields of bouldering. Enough to keep me busy for the next 2 weeks....

for more photos....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28303021@N05/sets/72157606043897236/

1 Comments:

At 5:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like Boulder has been kind to you and I'm glad to hear that you are getting to do all of that climbing. I can't wait to get back to Kentucky in September. It looks like I might be working for about a month, which is ok because I could use some cash to buy gear. I'm enjoying the blog. Happy travels my friend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home